I really enjoy trying new recipes, which sometimes means purchasing ingredients that I’ve never purchased before. It’s so frustrating when the store doesn’t have all of the items that I need… so then I end up purchasing a few items here and a few items there – sometimes by the time I find all the ingredients I don’t feel like making that recipe anymore. Has that ever happened to you? Well, I was happy to see that Gold Medal is now making a 100% White Whole Wheat flour, because I always see this brand in all of the local chain grocery stores. I’ve been wanting to start using more whole wheat flour in the goodies I’ve been baking, because I really want to make an effort to add more whole grains to my diet. I was thankful to receive a coupon for a bag of flour, a stack of recipe cards and a cookie jar just for being a member of MyBlogSpark.
I recently used the Gold Medal 100% whole wheat flour to make these pizza rolls for my family – ALL 6 of us LOVED them!!
A few tips for baking with 100% whole wheat flour:
- Unlike most whole wheat flours that are made from hard red spring wheat, Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour is made with hard white spring wheat. So, it´s whole grain, but with a similar taste and texture to all-purpose white flour.
- Perfect for family favorite recipes like breads, pizza dough, cookies, muffins and brownies Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour bakes up golden and has a milder flavor than baked goods made with regular whole wheat flour.
- Start by simply substituting whole wheat white flour for 25 to 50 percent of the recipe´s flour content.
- You may wish to add an extra tablespoon or two of the liquid used in the recipe when substituting Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour or decrease the amount of flour by one to two tablespoon for recipes that call for all-purpose flour.
I’m really looking forward to trying the recipes that I received and taking some time to browse the classic recipes (from breakfast to dessert and everything in between) that use Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour at www.bettycrocker.com. I encourage you to try some of these recipes substituting some of the AP flour with the white whole wheat; an easy way to add whole grains to your diet without sacrificing flavor. I look forward to posting the results on my blog 🙂
I also used white whole wheat flour as an ingredient when I made Baked Chicken Strips.
One lucky Baking 4 Six reader will receive a prize package containing:
- A VIP coupon for a sample of Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour
- Instructions for conversion
- Cookie Jar
- Recipe Cards
“Disclosure: The Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour product, information, and giveaway have been provided by Gold Medal through MyBlogSpark.” However, the opinions and experiences expressed in this post are my personal opinions. I chose to participate in the giveaway because I was very pleases with the results of using the 100% whole wheat flour in the pizza rolls!
This giveaway is open to anyone residing in the U.S. (since it includes a U.S. coupon for the flour). The giveaway ends on Friday, September 23 at noon PST; the winner will selected randomly using “And the Winner Is” plug-in. To enter the contest, please leave a comment below sharing what recipe you would like use Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour in? Good Luck~
- Betty Crocker´s Website http://bit.ly/gmwholewheatwhite
- Betty Crocker´s Facebook page http://on.fb.me/GMWholeWheat
Congratulations to Julie L who said, “http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/snickerdoodle-bars/e2fc99ee-d389-434d-98e9-73bbf2527053 try this one and use Gold Medal white /whole wheat flour